More pictures posted on shutterfly

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Doctor's Visit #3 - September 30, 2009

Everything checked out normal and good at the appointment. We got to hear baby’s heart beat, which sounded a little more like a washing machine this time, at a very healthy 158 beats per minute. We got a little nervous when the nurse couldn’t find the heartbeat at first, but that then turned in to laughter when the second nurse quickly found the heartbeat. Apparently baby was on the move, so it took a little more searching. I guess when you’re somewhere around the size of a turnip in a space that’s the size of a small watermelon you’ve got a little room to roam about.

They also took some blood, which is apparently going to be a routine thing at this point (groan). My Mom will be proud to know that once again I looked the floor directly in the eye and did not pass out. They found out my iron is a little low, so I started on some iron supplements today. I’m looking forward to the energy boost that I should get out of those little suckers. Apparently I’ll be taking them for the remainder of the pregnancy.

Outside of the doctor’s visits we are slowly but surely working on preparations for the baby. Step 1 of converting Lance’s man room was completed this weekend. With a closet now installed, it is well on the way to being our guest bedroom. Now we just have to paint, move out the pool table and move in the bedroom furniture.

Our newest furry addition, Kiesel, is doing well. He’s definitely doing his part in getting us accustom to waking up early in the mornings, (even on weekends), and having a constant dependent in the house. We’ve been focused mostly on socialization with other dogs, other adults, babies and kids. We are planning to start obedience training soon. He’s definitely a lover who wants to be around either a person or another dog as much as he can, though he seems to adapt well to the times when he’s “home alone”. So far I’ve got a slightly torn chaise lounge cover, but everything else seems to be in tact.

I have recently given in and started shopping for clothing in the maternity section. At this point I’m wearing almost exclusively pants with elastic waste bands. I have to tell you, I was not pumped to start sporting the elastic, but now that I’ve given in, I’m not so sure I’m ever going back….it is like wearing sweat pants all the time! If you get the chance, I must say I recommend trying it at least once. I’m also approaching the point where people are starting to feel comfortable coming out and asking me if I’m pregnant. So far I haven’t had any real creative ways of folks asking the question, but I’m still hoping for a good one soon.

We are looking forward to our next update, where with a little luck we’ll be able to share the sex of the baby. Let’s all keep our fingers crossed that baby doesn’t decide to play shy next Monday when we go for the first ultrasound!! We will of course keep you posted on what we find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment